2018 Indian Motorcycle Indian® Chieftain Classic - Color Option
Indian Motorcycle® Red
Classic Style Meets Modern Technology
Make a bold statement on this classically-styled hard bagger. A valanced front fender with an illuminated headdress leads the way. With premium features like keyless ignition, remote-locking hard saddlebags a push-button power windshield, and the industry-leading Ride Command® system with a 100-watt premium audio system. All housed in a nimble chassis that's fueled by the unmatched performance of the Thunder Stroke® 111 V-Twin engine.
- Thunder Stroke® 111: Designed from the ground up, the Thunder Stroke® 111 is a powerful, award-winning engine with legendary features inspired by the Power Plus motor of the 1940s: Multi-directional finned valve covers; Downward firing exhaust; Large, parallel push-rod tubes; Organic, asymmetric fin styling; Right-hand drive; Right-hand cam cover; Classic 2/3 head-to-cylinder neck down
- Valanced Front Fender with 16" Wheel: The Chieftain Classic features Indian Motorcycle's iconic valanced front fender and 16" wheel.
- Remote-Locking Hard Saddlebags: Your cargo is protected inside convenient, spacious hard saddlebags with weatherproof seals. You can even lock them remotely using a console-mounted button, or via the bike’s key fob.
- Outstanding Steering Geometry: The steering geometry of the Indian Chieftain was engineered to deliver light, responsive handling, whether ridden solo with no cargo or two-up with full saddlebags.
- Chrome Headdress: The most powerful icon in motorcycling. Since 1947, the illuminated headdress has graced the front fender of nearly every Indian Motorcycle®, guiding the way from legend to legend.
- ABS Brakes: With ABS brakes, you'll ride with confidence, knowing you can brake under control in any situation.
- Design Inspiration: To design this fairing, our team looked for inspiration outside of the motorcycle industry. We landed on the sleek and powerful streamliner locomotives of the 1950s. With these classically-styled machines as our guide, a new icon for Indian Motorcycle® was born - a streamlined front fairing with a chrome headlight nacelle that accentuates the style.
- Push-Button Power Windshield: With the push of a handlebar-mounted button, this windshield can quickly raise or lower electronically. Lower it to enjoy the cooling airflow. Or raise it to block out wind and rain.
- 119 ft-lbs of Torque: The Thunder Stroke® 111 produces 119 ft-lbs of torque with extraordinary power at low RPM, so you can accelerate hard with power to spare in every gear.
- 6-Speed Transmission: A 6-speed transmission comes standard for more comfortable cruising.
- Keyless Ignition: Never fumble for your key again. With the proximity fob in your pocket, just climb on, press the start button and ride away. Misplace your fob? Simply enter your personal security code and go.
- Premium 100-Watt Audio System: Built into the fairing is a 100-watt audio system, delivering premium-quality sound from dual high-output speakers. Smartphones and other audio sources can be connected via cable or Bluetooth®.
- Cruise Control: Automotive-quality cruise control is easy to set and adjust for smooth, relaxed highway cruising.
- The Indian Motorcycle® Ride Command® System: Pinch. Swipe. Tap. All without removing your gloves. Through this industry-leading seven-inch display, you can get turn-by-turn directions. Quickly find points of interest. Play Bluetooth® audio. Check vehicle information and status, plus a whole lot more. And thanks to split-screen technology, you can easily customize the display to focus on the details that matter to you most.
- Internally Wired Handlebars: This high-profile area features all-chrome hand controls. Plus, all of the wiring is routed inside the handlebars for a clean, premium-quality look.
- Cast Aluminum Frame: This cast aluminum frame is lightweight yet exceptionally strong, providing excellent low-speed handling and confidence-inspiring stability on the highway.
- Chrome Highway Bars: These chrome highway bars provide premium-quality shine. You can also accessorize them with stylish wraps or comfortable footrests.
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke® 111
- Displacement: 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 54 mm bore
- Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Drive/Driven Clutch: Wet, Multi-Plate
- Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Peak Torque: 119 ft. lb. (161.6 N m)
- Peak Torque RPM: 3000 rpm
- 1st: 9.403 : 1
- 2nd: 6.411 : 1
- 3rd: 4.763 : 1
- 4th: 3.796 : 1
- 5th: 3.243 : 1
- 6th: 2.789 : 1
- Suspension: Front - Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm) - Cartridge Type
- Front Fork Tube Diameter: 46 mm
- Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel: Single Shock w/ Air adjust / 4.5 in. (114 mm)
- Brakes/Front: Dual / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Brakes/Rear: Single / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Wheels/Front: Cast 19 in. x 3.5 in.
- Wheels/Rear: Cast 16 in. x 5 in.
- Tires/Front: Dunlop® American Elite 130/60B19 61H
- Tires/Rear: Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- Exhaust: Split Dual Exhaust w/ Cross-over
- Wheelbase: 65.7 in. (1668 mm)
- Seat Height: 26.0 in. (660 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 5.6 in. (142 mm)
- Overall Height: 54.6 in. (1388 mm)
- Overall Length: 101.2 in. (2571 mm)
- Overall Width: 39.4 in. (1000 mm)
- Rake: 25 deg.
- Trail: 5.9 in. (150.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 g (20.8 L)
- GVWR: 1385 lb. (628 kg)
- Weight (Empty Tank / Full of Fuel): 820 lb. / 852 lb. (372 kg / 386 kg)
- Color / Graphics: Indian Motorcycle® Red, Star Silver Smoke
- Gauges: Fairing mounted instrument cluster featuring analog speedometer and tachometer, with fuel gauge, range, odometer and current gear. 15 LED telltale indicators; cruise control enabled, cruise control set,neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, low tire pressure, battery, low fuel, security system, low engine oil pressure and MHP or km/h unit designation
- Ride Command®: 7" Indian Touchscreen including realtime clock; ambient air temperature; heading; audio information display; vehicle trouble code readout; Vehicle Status (tire pressure, voltage, engine hours, oil change); Vehicle Info (speed, fuel range, RPM, gear position); Dual Trip Meters (fuel range, miles, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy time, average speed); Ride Data (heading, moving time, stop time, altitude, altitude change); Bluetooth connectivity for phone and headset; Map/Navigation
- Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box
- Cruise Control
- Driving Lights
- Highway Bar
- Keyless Ignition
- Power Windshield
- Genuine Leather Seats
- Remote Locking Hard Saddle Bags
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- 100 Watt Stereo with AM/FM, Bluetooth, USB, Smartphone Compatible Input, and Weatherband
- Engine Type
- Thunder Stroke® 111
- 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Closed loop fuel injection / 54mm bore
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm) - Cartridge Type
- Rear Suspension
- Single Shock w/ Air adjust / 4.5 in. (114 mm)
- Front Brakes
- Dual / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single / 300 mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® American Elite 130/60B19 61H
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- 65.7 in. (1668 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26.0 in. (660 mm)
- 25 deg.
- 5.9 in. (150.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- Dry Weight
- 820 lb. (372 kg)
- Indian Motorcycle® Red, Star Silver Smoke