2018 BMW K 1600 GT
Mars Red Metallic
Wanderlust on two wheels.
This is what the world looks like from the saddle of the new K 1600 GT: on the move, gaining impressions, experiencing new things while on a relaxed yet dynamic pleasure ride. Its 6-cylinder in-line engine is already considered an icon with its power delivery and running smoothness, and now it offers you even more dynamics and touring comfort. Thanks to wind and weather protection equipment, this bike is always ready for long distance touring when you are. With the K 1600 GT, you not only see a great deal, you yourself are also a great sight to behold. Indeed, you leave quite an impression regardless of whether you are at a standstill or on the move.
Dynamics for the eye as well: the design.
The dynamics and comfort characteristics of the K 1600 GT are also reflected in the design: The Duolever front suspension, the xenon headlight with optional Adaptive Headlights, the powerful 6-cylinder engine and the frame make the high-quality overall image really stand out. The front and side views are athletic and sharp to ensure a sporty, streamlined appearance. The 6-in-2 muffler reflects the potential of the 6-cylinder engine both visually and acoustically. The remarkable appearance of the K 1600 GT is supported by the high-quality paint finish: from exclusively discreet to sportily dynamic. You decide what suits you.
First-class six-pack: the technology.
The equipment that comes on the standard K 1600 GT model is already considered the highest quality and leaves nothing more to wish for: ABS Pro, which ensures safe braking even when leaning, the innovative xenon headlight and the multi-controller just to name a few, and the newest addition to standard production: the dynamic ESA. The chassis recognizes changes in road conditions and riding style and controls the damping action in milliseconds based on feedback from the lean-angle sensor and control units. In doing so, it ensures the best damper settings in various riding situations. Even when leaning into turns, superior damping comfort and stability is achieved. The legendary in-line six-cylinder engine turns every ride into pure enjoyment. Thanks to extremely smooth acceleration and power delivery, its dynamic performance is unmatched. 160 hp (118 kW) and 129 lb-ft of maximum torque provide effortless thrust. The smallest movement of the throttle results in an immediate response while providing the superior control and handling of a thoroughbred.
Do you want some more? The optional equipment.
Numerous options like the adaptive headlight, keyless ride or central locking at the touch of a button provide an even more comfortable, safe and relaxed ride. Thanks to Reverse Assist, maneuvering out of parking spaces is effortless, even on an incline. The Shift Assist Pro offers dynamic up- and down shifting without the use of the clutch. With the optional topcase, tank bag and touring cases to complement the generous standard stowage, there are several storing possibilities for everything you want to take with you. Regardless of whether it’s on a long journey, a short trip or your daily route through town, the K 1600 GT keeps its promise when it comes to its sporty appearance and high-quality equipment. This is where dynamics and comfort complement each other to ensure pure riding pleasure.
- Type: Liquid cooled, 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Capacity: 1,649 cc
- Rated output: 160 hp (118 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 129 lb –ft (175 Nm) at 5,520 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.2:1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel Consumption: 41 mpg (WMTC)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 580 W
- Battery: 12 V / 19 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multiple-plate wet clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Drive: Shaft drive 2.75:1
- Frame: Aluminum bridge-type frame with load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Paralever
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.9 in. / 5.3 in. (125 mm /135 mm)
- Wheelbase: 63.7 in. (1,618 mm)
- Castor: 4.3 in. (108.4 mm)
- Steering head angle: 62.2°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 320 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
- Length: 91.6 in. (2,324 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 39.4 in. (1,000 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 56.7 in. (1,440 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 31.9 in. / 32.7 in. (810 / 830 mm; adjustable seat height) Standard; variable seat heights available between 29.5 in. (750 mm) and 32.7 in. (830 mm) (available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 72.1 in. / 73.7 in. (1,830 / 1,870 mm; adjustable seat height) Standard; variable inner leg curve (inseam) between 67.8 in. (1,720 mm) and 73.7 in. (1,870 mm) (seats available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 736 lb. (334 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 1191 lb. (540 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 454 lb. (206 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 7.0 gal. (26.5 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal. (4.0 L)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- 1,649 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Paralever
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 320 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 63.7 in. (1,618 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.9 in. / 32.7 in. (810 / 830 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.0 gal. (26.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 736 lb. (334 kg)
- Mars Red Metallic, Black Storm Metallic