2018 BMW K 1600 Grand America
Black Storm Metallic
Beyond the horizon.
Go even further with the K 1600 Grand America. This fully-equipped touring bike gets you closer to the road than you ever thought possible, without compromising riding pleasure or comfort. Always ready to go the extra mile, the legendary 6-cylinder in-line engine triumphs with an unparalleled smoothness and impressive power. Its design and features are on another level. From the windshield to the distinctive rear with enough space for two passengers, all the way to the easy-to-use top case and backrest, there's an understated cool about the Bagger. The Grand America makes the horizon seem boundless-and yet within reach.
Shaped by freedom.
With the iconic low slung lines, this luxury touring Bagger becomes one with the road. The low passenger seat, and integrated topcase and back rest make sharing the open road a breeze. Integrated into the rear cases, the rear light design helps the bike stand out in the crowd.
Go the distance.
No matter how long your dream ride might be, you can expect a dynamic experience with the Bagger's impressive 160 horsepower and 129 lb-ft torque. For when it is time to head back out on the road, reverse assist makes backing out of overlooks and parking spaces effortless.
Ride on and on.
You'll never want the journey to end with the K 1600 Grand America. The standard Dynamic ESA offers the best possible handling and idling, while the "Cruise" mode makes the ride even smoother. The standard engine protection bar and the audio system with navigation preparation are guaranteed to impress. Let the journey continue with K 1600 Grand America.
- Type: Liquid cooled, 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Capacity: 1,649 cc
- Rated output: 160 hp (118 kw) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 129 lb-ft (175 Nm) at 5,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.2 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: 101 mph
- Fuel consumption: 41 mpg (WMTC)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase 700 W alternator
- Battery: 12 V / 19 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multi-plate wet clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Drive: Shaft drive 2.75:1
- Frame: Aluminum bridge-type frame with load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: BMW Paralever
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.5 in. / 4.9 in. (115 mm / 125 mm)
- Wheelbase: 63.7 in. (1,618 mm)
- Castor: 4.2 in. (106.4 mm)
- Steering head angle: 62.2°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 320 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
- Length: 100.8 in. (2,560 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 39.4 in. (1,000 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 56.7 in. (1,440 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: Standard Seat: 30.7 in., Low seat: 29.5 in.
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: Standard Seat: 69.7 in., Low seat: 67.8 in.
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 802 lb. (364 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 1,235 lb. (560 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 432 lb. (196 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 7.0 gal. (26.5 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal. (4 L)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- 1,649 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.2 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive 2.75:1
- Front Suspension
- BMW Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear Suspension
- BMW Paralever
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 320 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 63.7 in. (1,618 mm)
- Seat Height
- Standard Seat: 30.7 in., Low seat: 29.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.0 gal. (26.5 L)
- 41 mpg (WMTC)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 802 lb. (364 kg)
- Black Storm Metallic