2018 BMW G 310 R
Intense riding pleasure.
The BMW G310R is the essence of riding pleasure. It was built for pulsing cities and for all those who simply love riding motorcycles. It is manoeuvrable, easy to handle and sporty at the same time. Whether you're a tall or small rider – you’ll immediately feel at home on the BMW G310R! The bike is lightweight, yet a real powerhouse with its 313 cc engine. Safely and reliably the new bike will get you to work, to the next hotspot or out of the city. The G310R is a real BMW motorcycle, but with reduced cylinder capacity. Maximum quality, excellent workmanship and extraordinary technology ensure intense riding pleasure.
Good genes. Good looks.
Good looks unmistakably run in the family – the G310R clearly carries the S1000R genes. The sporty headlight fairing with powerful headlight, dynamic fuel tank trim and typical roadster proportions transform it into an eye-catcher on the street. The G310R is light and strong at the same time thanks to its dynamic front and distinctive rear. The short seat emphasises the roadster dynamic in the rear section and gives the bike, especially in white, an unmistakeable motorsport look. The gold anodised fork and brake caliper emphasise the high-quality workmanship of the machine.
Another highlight is the detailed aluminium swing arm. The cut-outs ensure lightness and the struts offer stability. And the wide tires ensure the correct adhesion to the road – riding pleasure is guaranteed.
Light, strong and maneuverable.
The G310R doesn't take second place technically either. Quite the opposite: with sophisticated and unconventional technical highlights you won’t follow but lead. The one-cylinder, four stroke 313 cc engine, among other things, helps to ensure this. The unusual tilt of the cylinder to the rear and the cylinder head that has been rotated 180° lowers the center of gravity and shifts it in the direction of the front wheel. Because of this, the G310R is more agile and easier to control. The low and longer swing arm ensures even more stability, without unnecessarily increasing the wheelbase. No BMW motorcycle has been without it since 2013: standard ABS. It is also fitted in the G310R and ensures your safety on every ride. Good looks, powerful drive and less than 160 kg fully fueled, with the G310R you can simply enjoy motorcycling.
Everyone wants to ride it.
Ride stress-free and relaxed through the streets with the G310R. Even in the big-city hustle and bustle, you'll always ride with confidence thanks to the successful layout of all of the control elements. The successful ergonomic layout of the handlebars, footrest and control elements ensures a superb riding sensation. The G310R offers the right seat for all riders, ensuring your stability on the bike. And on any surface, the geometry and spring and damper tuning make it an agile city-hopper. Whether riding in heavy city traffic, commuting to work or just getting out of the city at the weekend – with the G310R you'll want to ride on!
- Type: Water-cooled, single-cylinder 4-stroke engine, four valves, two overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 62.1 mm
- Capacity: 313 cc
- Rated output: 34 hp (25 kW) at 9,500 rpm
- Max. torque: 21 lb-ft (28 Nm) at 7,500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 10.6 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection, BMS-E2
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: 90 mph (145 km/h)
- Fuel type: Unleaded super, minimum octane rating 95 (RON)
- Alternator: Alternator 330 W
- Battery: 12 V / 8 Ah, maintenance free
- Clutch: Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath, mechanically operated
- Gearbox: Synchromesh 6-speed transmision Integrated in the motor housing
- Drive: Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in rear wheel hub
- Frame: Bolted steel frame, drive unit load-bearing, tubular steel rear frame.
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside down telescopic fork, Ø 41 mm
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Solid die-cast aluminum swingarm, directly hinged monoshock, adjustable preload
- Suspension travel front / rear: 5.5" / 5.2" (140 mm / 131 mm)
- Wheelbase: 54.0" (1,374 mm)
- Castor: 4" (102.3 mm)
- Steering head angle: 64.9°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.0 x 17"
- Rim, rear: 4.0 x 17"
- Tyres, front: 110/70 R 17
- Tyres, rear: 150/60 R 17
- Brake, front: Single disc, diameter 300 mm, 4-piston fixed caliper, radially bolted
- Brake, rear: Single disc, diameter 240 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 78.3" (1,988 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 35.3" (896 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 48.3" (1,227 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 30.9" (785 mm)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 70.3" (1,785 mm)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 349 lbs (158.5 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 760 lbs (345 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 411 lbs (186.5 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 2.9 gal (11 L)
- Reserve: approx. 0.3 gal (1 L)
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder 4-stroke engine, four valves, two overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- 313 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 80 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 10.6 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection, BMS-E2
- Synchromesh 6-speed transmission Integrated in the motor housing
- Final Drive
- Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in rear wheel hub
- Front Suspension
- Upside down telescopic fork, Ø 41 mm
- Rear Suspension
- Solid die-cast aluminum swingarm, directly hinged monoshock, adjustable preload
- Front Brakes
- Single disc, diameter 300 mm, 4-piston fixed caliper, radially bolted
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc, diameter 240 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 110/70 R 17
- Rear Tire
- 150/60 R 17
- 54.0 in. (1,374 mm)
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in. (785 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.9 gal. (11 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 349 lb. (158.5 kg)
- Cosmic Black, Strato Blue Metallic