2018 BMW F 800 R
The BMW F 800 R.
The modern all-rounder.
You can do almost anything with this active roadster, from urban cruising, touring or ambitious sporty riding on winding country roads. The BMW F 800 R combines agility, everyday practicality and dynamic performance into an integrated sporty package. Thanks to its punchy 90 hp (66 kW) engine, you'll enjoy supreme handling and total control of the road every time you twist the throttle. The F 800 R also features innovative technology, including Ride-by-Wire, two riding modes, and ABS as standard. Additional options like ASC or Dynamic ESA make sure all that power is transferred securely to the road.
- Distinctive front: The symmetrical main headlamp gives the F 800 R its distinctive face.
- Upside-down fork: Emanating
- Multifunctional instrument cluster: With new dial design and extended range of information.
- Adjustable clutch and brake levers: Ensure the right ergonomics.
- Minimalistic trim paneling: Thanks to the reduced trim paneling, the F 800 R has a decidedly dynamic feel to it.
- Wheels in dynamic design: Additional option wheels with red pinstriping
- Wide selection of seat options: For the perfect seat comfort for rider and passenger alike.
- Redesigned silencer: A highlight both visually and acoustically.
- Type: Liquid cooled, 4-stroke parallel twin engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 82 mm x 75.6 mm
- Capacity: 798 cc
- Rated output: 90 hp (66 kW) at 8,000 rpm
- Max. torque: 63 lb-ft (86 Nm) at 5,800 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0:1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electric fuel injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption: 55 mpg (WMTC)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded, minimum octane 95 (RON)
- Alternator: Three-phase 400 W generator
- Battery: 12 V / 12 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multi-plate wet clutch, mechanically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with straight cut gears
- Drive: Chain drive 2.35:1
- Frame: Aluminum bridge-type frame with load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork, Ø 45 mm
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum 2-sided swing arm, central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) via handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.9" / 4.9" (125 mm / 125 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.8" (1,520 mm)
- Castor: 3.58" (91 mm)
- Steering head angle: 64°
- Wheels: Cast aluminium wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17"
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17"
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 84.5" (2,145 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 33.9" (860 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 48.7" (1,235 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: Extra High Seat: 33.1", High Seat: 32.2", Standard: 31.1", Low Seat: 30.7", Low Seat/Extra Low Seat: 30.3"
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: Extra High Seat: 73.8", High Seat: 72.2", Standard: 70.1", Low Seat: 69.7", Low Seat/Extra Low Seat: 68.5"
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 448 lbs (203 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 891 lbs (405 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 445 lbs (202 kg)
- Usable tank capacity: 3.9 gal (15 l)
- Reserve: Approx. 0.8 gal (3.0 l)
- Heated Grips
- On-Board Computer
- BMW Motorrad ABS
- ASC (Automatic Stability Control)
- Rain and Road Ride Modes
- Hydraulic Rear Spring Preload Adjuster
- Steering Damper
- Upside Down Forks
- Adjustable Rear Rebound
- Smoked Turn Signal lenses
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke parallel twin engine
- 798 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 82 mm x 75.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with straight cut gears
- Final Drive
- Chain drive 2.35:1
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic fork, Ø 45 mm
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum 2-sided swing arm, central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) via handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 59.8 in. (1,520 mm)
- Seat Height
- Extra High Seat: 33.1 in., High Seat: 32.2 in., Standard: 31.1 in., Low Seat: 30.7 in., Low Seat/Extra Low Seat: 30.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.9 gal. (15 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 448 lb. (203 kg)