2018 BMW F 800 GT
The BMW F 800 GT.
Up and away. The journey begins.
Simply climb on and go, leave your daily routine behind and enjoy pure riding pleasure: The redesigned BMW F 800 GT gives you even more sporty and dynamic touring suitability on every journey - for idyllic lanes, winding mountain passes and endless highways. Thanks to a punchy two-cylinder in-line engine with an impressive 90 hp (66 kW) of power, every tour will get moving fast - and you'll be meeting the new EU-4 standard at the same time. This bike also comes with Ride-by-Wire, a range of riding modes and ABS as standard features. The comfort is increased by means of extensive wind and weather protection. The engine also adds to the touring quality with a quiet and powerful running smoothness, perfect for your journey. Other options include ASC (Automatic Stability Control) and the tried-and-tested Dynamic ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment). All you have to do is climb on and let your journey begin. Classic GT. Unstoppable tour.
- New windscreen: With matte GT logo and optional wind and weather protection.
- Various riding modes: At the press of a button, you can adjust the F 800 GT to a different riding style.
- Newly designed instruments: With new dial design and extended range of information.
- Vibration-isolated handlebars: Made of conical aluminum pipe. Reduces vibrations down to a minimum.
- Many attractive details: Details like the galvanized side panel with
- Light wheels in dynamic design: For improved visuals and easier handling.
- Wide range of seat heights: For the perfect seat comfort for rider and passenger alike.
- Redesigned standard silencer: A highlight both visually and acoustically. Including heat shield for the passenger.
- Type: Liquid cooled, 4-stroke parallel twin engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 82 mm x 75.6 mm
- Capacity: 798 cc
- Rated output: 90 hp (66 kW) at 8,000 rpm
- Max. torque: 63 lb-ft (86 Nm) at 5,800 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption: 55 mpg (WMTC)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded, minimum octane 95 (RON)
- Alternator: Three-phase 400 W generator
- Battery: 12 V / 12 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multi-plate wet clutch, mechanically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with straight cut gears
- Drive: Belt drive 2.35:1
- Frame: Aluminum bridge-type frame with load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Telescopic fork, Ø 43 mm
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm, central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) via handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.9" / 4.8" (125 mm / 123 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.6" (1,514 mm)
- Castor: 3.9" (98 mm)
- Steering head angle: 64°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17"
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17"
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 84.9" (2,156 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 35.7" (905 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 49.1" (1,248 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: High Comfort Seat: 33.3", Comfort Seat: 32.3", Standard: 31.5", Low Seat: 30.9", Low Seat/Extra Low Seat: 30.1"
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: High Comfort Seat: 75.2", Comfort Seat: 73.1", Standard: 72.2", Low Seat: 70.3", Low Seat/Extra Low Seat: 69.1"
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 472 lbs (214 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 926 lbs (420 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 454 lbs (206 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.0 gal (15 l)
- Reserve: Approx. 0.8 gal (3.0 l)
- Two Riding Modes (Rain and Road)
- Smoked Turn Signal Lenses
- Steering Damper
- Hydraulic Rear Spring Preload Adjustment
- Adjustable Rear Rebound
- Telescopic Forks
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke parallel twin engine
- 798 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 82 mm x 75.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.0 : 1
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with straight cut gears
- Final Drive
- Belt drive 2.35:1
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork, Ø 43 mm
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm, central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) via handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 59.6 in. (1,514 mm)
- Seat Height
- High Comfort Seat: 33.3 in., Comfort Seat: 32.3 in., Standard: 31.5 in., Low Seat: 30.9 in., Low Seat/Extra Low Seat: 30.1 in.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 472 lb. (214 kg)