2018 BMW F 800 GS
Black Storm Metallic
The BMW F 800 GS.
AT HOME ON-ROAD AND OFF-ROAD
The BMW F 800 GS is the sportiest member of the large GS family. The motorcycle is continuing its success story, and impresses with its enormous versatility for both on and off-road journeys. It's simply an incredibly versatile enduro with a sporting pedigree.
- GS logo: The stencil logo displays the motorcycle's family origins.
- Various seat height options: Find one that's suitable for you.
- Optimized positioning of the tank in terms of the center of gravity: The tank is located under the seat, a low center of gravity, for easy and safe control in all situations.
- Enduro tires: If you're looking for adventures off the tarmac.
- Ignition lock in an attractive design: In perfect harmony with the overall appearance of the machine.
- Hand protectors: The large hand protectors with spoiler attachments allow you to change gear and stay in control.
- Saw tooth in galvanized look: Streamlined, aggressive, dynamic, it fits the character of the machine perfectly.
- Two-tone seat cover: For a sporty look.
- Type: Liquid cooled, 4-stroke parallel twin engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 82 mm x 75.6 mm
- Capacity: 798 cc
- Rated output: 85 hp (63 kW) at 7,500 rpm
- Max. torque: 61 lb-ft (83 Nm) at 5,750 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption: 55 mpg (WMTC)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase 400 W generator
- Battery: 12 V / 12 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multi-plate wet clutch, mechanically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with straight cut gears
- Drive: Chain drive 2.62:1
- Frame: Tubular steel space frame, load bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork, Ø 43 mm
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum 2-sided swing arm, WAD strut (travel related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 9.1" / 8.5" (230 mm / 215 mm)
- Wheelbase: 62" (1,573 mm)
- Castor: 4.6" (117 mm)
- Steering head angle: 64°
- Wheels: Wire spoke wheels
- Rim, front: 2.15 x 21"
- Rim, rear: 4.25 x 17"
- Tire, front: 90/90 - 21 54V
- Tire, rear: 150/70 - 17 69V
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, dual-piston floating calipers, diameter 300 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS (can be switched off)
- Length: 90.6" (2,300 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 37.2" (945 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 52.9" (1,345 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: Rallye Seat: 36.2", Comfort Seat: 35.2", Standard Seat: 34.6", Low Seat: 33.5", Low suspension Kit: 32.3"
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: Rallye Seat: 78.3", Comfort Seat: 77.2", Standard Seat: 76", Low Seat: 74", Low suspension Kit: 70.5"
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 478 lbs (217kg)
- Permitted total weight: 979 lbs (444 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 500 lbs (227 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.2 gal (16 l)
- Reserve: Approx. 0.7 gal (2.7 l)
- 2 Riding Modes (Rain/Road)
- ABS (Disengageable)
- Multifunction Display
- Power Socket
- Adjustable Handbrake and Clutch Levers
- Upside Down Forks
- High Windshield
- LED Rear Light
- Smoked Gray Turn Signal Lenses
- Engine Skid Plate
- Enduro Tires
- Spoked Wheels
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke parallel twin engine
- 798 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 82 mm x 75.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.0 : 1
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with straight cut gears
- Final Drive
- Chain drive 2.62:1
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic fork, Ø 43 mm
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum 2-sided swing arm, WAD strut (travel related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, dual-piston floating calipers, diameter 300 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 90/90 - 21 54V
- Rear Tire
- 150/70 - 17 69V
- 62 in. (1,573 mm)
- Seat Height
- Rallye Seat: 36.2 in., Comfort Seat: 35.2 in., Standard Seat: 34.6 in., Low Seat: 33.5 in., Low suspension Kit: 32.3 in.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 478 lb. (217kg)