2018 BMW C evolution
The BMW C evolution.
For a future without compromise.
You can experience tomorrow's urban mobility today with the uncompromising BMW C evolution. This electrically powered maxi-scooter combines sustainability, dynamics and agility with a design that catches everyone's eye. The C evolution invites you to leave behind the noise and fumes of urban traffic. The powerful, completely electric engine guarantees immediate torque and a riding range of up to 99 miles. This model also comes in four riding modes, and is equipped with intelligent energy recuperation. Riding performance of the highest order, coupled with environmental friendliness, and innovative technology underscore the fact that the C evolution stands for riding pleasure without compromise.
- Distinctive front: Classic BMW Motorrad split face.
- Convenient charging: The charging process takes place using a normal household plug socket or a suitable charging station.
- Large TFT color display: Supplies all the relevant information such as charge status and range.
- Many high quality details: Details like colorful seat seams accentuate all the right places.
- Powerful electric motor: 48 hp top performance guarantee a great deal of riding enjoyment.
- Torque Control Assist (TCA): Torque Control Assist prevents uncontrolled rear wheel spin.
- Electric green accent color: The side trim panel in electric green attracts attention and highlights the dynamic design.
- Practical helmet storage compartment: Provides sufficient space for integral helmet and other small objects.
- Design: Drive train swing arm with liquid cooled alternator; permanently excited synchronous machine with surface magnets, internal rotor
- Max. output: 48 hp (35 kW) at 4,650 rpm
- Max. torque: 53 lb-ft (72 Nm) from 4,650 rpm
- Maximum speed: 80 mph (electronically limited)
- Acceleration 0-30mph: approx. 2.8 s
- Range: 99 miles
- Recuperation: Automatic recuperation when coasting and when braking
- Battery: Air-cooled lithium-ion high-voltage battery
- Battery Voltage: 133 V (nominal)
- Charging Rate: 3 kW, integrated charger with booster fan
- Charging: On-board charging socket type 1; charging cable with country-specific plug
- Charging time at 110 V / 12 A: approx. 9:20 h for 100%; 80% in approx. 7:50 h
- Charging time at 220 V / 12 A: approx. 4:30 h for 100%; 80% in approx. 3:50 h
- Secondary battery: 12 V / 8 Ah, maintenance-free
- Drive: Swing arm with toothed belt and ring gera transmission to the rear axle
- Frame: Hypoid chassis with die-cast aluminum load-bearing battery casing, bolt-on tubular-steer steering head carrier and rear frame
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-Down fork Ø 40 mm
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Single-sided swing arm with direct-link spring strut and spring pre-load with 7 manually adjustable settings
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.7" / 4.5" (120 mm / 115 mm)
- Wheelbase: 63.4" (1,610 mm)
- Castor: 3.7" (95 mm)
- Steering head angle: 65.9°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 15"
- Rim, rear: 4.50 x 15"
- Tires, front: 120/70 R 15
- Tires, rear: 160/60 R 15
- Brake, front: Double disc brake, diameter 270mm, 2-piston floating caliper
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 270 mm, 2-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 86.2" (2,190 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 37.3" (947 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 49.4" (1,255 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: Comfort Seat: 30.9", Standard Seat: 30.1"
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: Comfort Seat: 69.7", Standard Seat: 68.7"
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 606 lbs (275 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 981 lbs (445 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 375 lbs (170 kg)
- Traction Battery with High-Voltage Technology
- Central Cooling Air Duct
- 3 Battery Modules
- 12 Lithium-Ion Battery Cells per Module
- Adjustable Rear Preload
- TCA (Torque Control Assist)
- Integrated Charger Cable
- 4 Riding Modes
- Reverse Assist
- Upside Down Fork
- LED Tail Light
- CVT Transmission with Automatic Centrifugal Clutch
- Side Stand with Parking Brake Actuator
- Multifunction Display with On-Board Computer
- Power Socket
- Center Stand
- Illuminated Storage Compartment
- Stepless Power Adjustable Windshield with Wind Guide Vanes
- Standard ABS
- Front Suspension
- Upside-Down fork Ø 40 mm
- Front Brakes
- Double disc brake, diameter 270mm, 2-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 R 15
- Rear Suspension
- Single-sided swing arm with direct-link spring strut and spring pre-load with 7 manually adjustable settings
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 270 mm, 2-piston floating caliper
- Rear Tire
- 160/60 R 15
- Curb Weight
- 606 lb. (275 kg)
- Seat Height
- Comfort Seat: 30.9 in., Standard Seat: 30.1 in.
- 63.4 in. (1,610 mm)