2019 BMW K1600B
THE BMW K 1600 GRAND AMERICA.
Beyond the horizon.
Go even further with the K 1600 Grand America. This fully-equipped touring bike gets you closer to the road than you ever thought possible, without compromising riding pleasure or comfort. Always ready to go the extra mile, the legendary 6-cylinder in-line engine triumphs with an unparalleled smoothness and impressive power. Its design and features are on another level. From the windshield to the distinctive rear with enough space for two passengers, all the way to the easy-to-use top case and backrest, there's an understated cool about the Bagger. The Grand America makes the horizon seem boundless—and yet within reach.
- Engine guard: Effective protection against damage to the engine and characteristic optics.
- Premium chrome badge: High-quality chrome parts ensure elegance and visible luxury.
- Top case with backrest: The distinctive rear with its top case, integrated indicators and brake lights underlines the streamlined silhouette of the Bagger.
- Audio System: Listen to your music very conveniently.
- Reverse Assist: Ensures effortless maneuvering.
- Floorboards: The floorboards ensure comfortable support.
- Audio system including set-up of the navigation: Reach your destination as quickly and easily as possible.
- High windscreen: The windscreen provides a greater presence and wind protection.
- Type: Liquid cooled, 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Capacity: 1,649 cc
- Rated output: 160 hp (118 kw) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 129 lb-ft (175 Nm) at 5,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.2 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: 101 mph
- Fuel consumption: 41 mpg (WMTC)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase 700 W alternator
- Battery: 12 V / 19 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multi-plate wet clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Drive: Shaft drive 2.75:1
- Frame: Aluminum bridge-type frame with load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: BMW Paralever
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.5" / 4.9" (115 mm / 125 mm)
- Wheelbase: 63.7" (1,618 mm)
- Castor: 4.2" (106.4 mm)
- Steering head angle: 62.2°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17"
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17"
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 320 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
- Length: 100.8" (2,560 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 39.4" (1,000 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 56.7" (1,440 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: Extra High Seat: 31.9", Standard Seat: 30.7", Low Seat 29.5"
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: Extra High Seat: 71.7", Standard Seat: 69.7", Low Seat 67.7"
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 802 lbs (364 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 1,235 lbs (560 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 432 lbs (196 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 7.0 gal (26.5 l)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal (4 l)
- 3 Ride Modes (Rain/Road/Dynamic)
- ABS Pro
- Additional Speakers
- Anti-Theft Alarm
- Bluetooth Interface Control
- Audio System with Bluetooth, Radio, GPS Prep, and Sirius
- Central Locking System
- Cruise Control
- DTC (Dynamic Traction Control)
- Dynamic ESA
- Engine Protection Bars
- Gear Shift Assist Pro
- High Windshield
- Heated Seats (Rider + Passenger)
- Hill Start Control Pro
- Keyless Ride
- LED Auxiliary Lights
- LED Tail Light
- Multifunction Display
- Power Socket
- On-Board Computer
- Reverse Assist
- Radio Software
- Saddle Bags in Body Color
- Standard Low Seat (29.5" Height)
- Stepless Power Adjustable Windshield
- Top Case
- Xenon Headlight with Dynamic Leveling
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine
- 1,649 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.2 : 1
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive 2.75:1
- Front Suspension
- BMW Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear Suspension
- BMW Paralever
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 320 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 63.7 in. (1,618 mm)
- Seat Height
- Extra High Seat: 31.9 in., Standard Seat: 30.7 in., Low Seat 29.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.0 gal. (26.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 802 lb. (364 kg)
- Imperial Blue Metallic