2019 BMW F850GS
THE BMW F 850 GS.
ADVENTURE IN THE BLOOD.
You live for the challenge. Where others turn back, you ride on. Overcome boundaries. Obstacles are transformed into possibilities. Adventure flows through your veins. Atop the F 850 GS, you will easily master the offroad track thanks to the 21 inch front tire. What matters is that your attitude and curiosity spur you on. Regardless of how far you want to travel with the F 850 GS and regardless of whether you take it through the mud. With the Connectivity ex factory option, you have access to the navigation, telephone, media and vehicle-relevant data at all times. Clear and concise on a 6.5 inch TFT-display - without any distractions. Giving you more time for what is important and allowing you to discover what lies over the horizon.
- New engine concept: The zippy in-line twin-cylinder puts real power onto the rear wheel with 70 kW (95 HP).
- Chassis and suspension: The Rain and Road riding modes are standard equipment, while the optionally available Pro riding modes and Dynamic ESA also contribute towards the stability of the F 850 GS.
- Coupling force: The slipper clutch makes sure of giving you more control and improved rideability.
- On-board computer: As standard: the on-board computer shows you the most important data at a glance.
- Connectivity with TFT-display & multi-controller (SA): Connectivity (SA): you can connect the smartphone to the bike via Bluetooth and activate a wide range of functions using the multi-controller on the handlebars. The optional 6.5 inch TFT-display shows you everything about your motorcycle.
- ASC as standard, riding modes: The ASC (Automatic Stability Control) regulates the transmission and prevents rear wheel spin.
- Aluminium cross-spoke wheels with tubeless tires: The aluminium cross-spoke wheels with tubeless tires (21
- Extensive equipment range: Typical GS: the equipment range is extensive and always appropriate.
- Type: Water-cooled 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder engine, four valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Bore / stroke: 84 mm x 77 mm
- Capacity: 853 cc
- Rated output: 70 kW (95 hp) at 8,250 rpm
- Max. torque: 92 Nm at 6,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.7 : 1
- Mixture control: Electronic injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 200 km/h
- Fuel consumption per 100 km based on WMTC: 4.1 l
- Fuel type: Unleaded super, minimum octane number 95 (RON) OE unleaded regular fuel, minimum octane number 91 (RON)
- Alternator: Permanent magnetic alternator 416 W (nominal power)
- Battery: 12 V / 10 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multiple-disc wet clutch (anti hopping), mechanically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated in crankcase
- Drive: Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in rear wheel hub
- Frame: Bridge-type frame, steel shell construction
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork, Ø 43 mm
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminium dual swing arm, central WAD spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel, front / rear: 204 mm / 219 mm (OE: suspension lowering kit 184 mm / 199 mm)
- Wheelbase: 1,593 mm
- Castor: 126 mm
- Steering head angle: 62°
- Wheels: Cross spoke wheels
- Rim, front: 2.15 x 21"
- Rim, rear: 4.25 x 17"
- Tire, front: 90/90 21
- Tire, rear: 150/70 R17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, Ø 305 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, Ø 265 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS (disengageable)
- Seat height: 860 mm (OE suspension lowering kit: 815 mm, OE low seat: 835 mm, OE comfort seat: 875 mm, OA rallye seat: 890 mm)
- Inner leg curve: 1,910 mm (OE suspension lowering kit: 1,830 mm, OE low seat: 1,870 mm, OE comfort seat: 1,950 mm, OA rallye seat: 1,980 mm)
- Usable tank volume: 15 l
- Reserve: Approx. 3.5 l
- Length: 2,305 mm
- Height (excl. mirrors): 1,356 mm
- Width (incl. mirrors): 922 mm
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 229 kg 1)
- Permitted total weight: 445 kg
- Payload (with standard equipment): 216 kg
- BMW Motorrad ABS
- ASC (Automatic Stability Control)
- Riding modes (Rain / Road)
- On-board computer Pro
- LED tail light
- Heated grips
- 12 V power socket
- Adjustable handbrake lever and clutch lever
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder engine
- 853 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 84 mm x 77 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.7 : 1
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated in crankcase
- Final Drive
- Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in rear wheel hub
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic fork, Ø 43 mm
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminium dual swing arm, central WAD spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, Ø 305 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, Ø 265 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 90/90 21
- Rear Tire
- 150/70 R17
- 1,593 mm
- Seat Height
- 860 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 15 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 229 kg