2018 Indian Motorcycle Indian® Scout® Bobber ABS - Thunder Black Smoke
If Less is More, This Bike is Loaded
Slammed stance. Chopped fenders. Knobby tires. Blacked-out and stripped-down. The Scout Bobber is no frills, all attitude. The only place we didn’t hold back: the 100 barely-tamed horsepower of a 69-cubic-inch V-Twin. Grab on. Hold fast. Your legend is just getting started.
- Chopped Fenders: The Scout Bobber proves that less is truly more. True to classic Bobber style, the front and rear fenders are chopped.
- 100 Barely-Tamed Horsepower: A 69-cubic-inch V-Twin with 6 speed transmission pumps out an impressive 100 horsepower for head-snapping acceleration and plenty of passing power. All of this power comes with confident control and sporty, firm handling through every curve and straightaway.
- Stripped-Down, Blacked-out: The Scout Bobber has more of what you need and nothing that you don't. It has a raw, mechanical look, minimal engine covers, and blacked-out exhaust, frame, handlebars and mirrors. It may be stripped down, but it always stands out.
- Slammed Stance: A slammed stance with the rear suspension lowered 1" creates a low-slung profile that delivers unfiltered feedback from every inch of blacktop.
- Blacked-out Headlight Nacelle: When we say blacked-out, we mean it. The Scout Bobber is drenched with premium black finishes, including the front headlight nacelle.
- Cartridge Fork Front Suspension: The Scout Bobber is a smooth ride in a mean body. With cartridge forks and expertly tuned front suspension, you'll experience a stable ride at all speeds.
- Aggressive, Knobby Tires: Every inch of this bike is a premium expression of aggressive street style. Knobby tires give this bike a menacing look.
- Purposeful Peg Position: We pulled the pegs 1.5" closer to the rider and added street tracker handlebars, putting you in a more aggressive riding position. The bond between man and machine has never been greater.
- Liquid-Cooled, V-Twin Performance: The Scout Bobber is fueled by a 100 horsepower V-Twin engine that delivers best-in-class performance. Liquid cooling ensures optimal performance in a wide variety of conditions and a cool, comfortable ride.
- Low-Slung Leather Bobber Seat: A low-slung, brown leather bobber seat heightens the Scout Bobber's minimalistic style. It gives the bike an aggressive stance with the agility to rip through every curve and straightaway.
- Side-Mounted License Plate: To show off the chopped rear fender and knobby tire, we mounted a low-key license plate mount to the side of the bike.
- Street Tracker Handlebars: The Scout Bobber comes standard with street tracker handlebars. Their low-rise profile puts you in a forward, more aggressive riding position so you can carve through the Urban streets with ease.
- Bar-End Mirrors: Bar-end mirrors sit up or drop down for a sleek, low-slung silhouette in line with modern Bobber styling.
- Black Gauge Face: The black gauge face complements the bike’s blacked-out style, making everything about the Scout Bobber mean and aggressive.
- All-New Tank Badge: No motorcycle brand is as legendary as Indian Motorcycle. The Scout Bobber proudly features an all-new tank badge. Bold block lettering pulls the iconic Scout emblem into a more commanding place.
- Blacked-out, Slotted Exhaust: The Scout Bobber has a commanding presence that won't be ignored. Blacked-out, slotted exhaust pipes reinforce its bold, sinister styling.
- Black Cast Aluminum Wheels: The Scout Bobber isn't afraid to make a bold statement. Black cast aluminum wheels hugged by knobby tires merge on-road performance with urban style.
- LED Turn Signals: Details matter. And we’ve thought about every one. For a minimalistic look, bright LED lights take over duties for stop, turn, and tail signals. They tightly hug the rear fender for a clean line from tip to tail.
- Engine Type: Liquid-Cooled V-Twin
- Displacement: 69 cu in.
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 60 mm bore
- Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Final Drive: 2.357 : 1
- Horsepower: 100 hp (74.7 kW)
- Peak Torque: 73 ft. lb. (97.7 Nm)
- Peak Torque RPM: 6000 rpm
- 1st: 10.926 : 1
- 2nd: 7.427 : 1
- 3rd: 5.918 : 1
- 4th: 5.022: 1
- 5th: 4.439 : 1
- 6th: 4.087 : 1
- Suspension: Front - Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork/4.7 in. (120 mm) - Cartridge Type
- Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel: Dual Shocks/2.0 in. (50 mm)
- Brakes/Front: Single / 298 mm Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Brakes/Rear: Single / 298 mm Rotor / 1 Piston Caliper
- Wheels/Front: Cast 16 in. x 3.5 in.
- Wheels/Rear: Cast 16 in. x 3.5 in.
- Tires/Front: 130/90-16 73H
- Tires/Rear: 150/80-16 71H
- Exhaust: Split Dual Exhaust w/ Crossover
- Wheelbase: 61.5 in. (1562 mm)
- Seat Height: 25.6 in. (649 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.8 in. (123 mm)
- Overall Height: 45.4 in. (1154 mm)
- Overall Length: 87.8 in. (2229 mm)
- Overall Width: 36.5 in. (926 mm)
- Rake: 29 deg.
- Lean Angle: 29 deg.
- Trail: 4.7 in. (119.9 mm)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.3 gal. (12.5 L)
- GVWR: 988 lb. (449 kg)
- Weight (Empty Tank / Full of Fuel): 533 lb. / 554 lb. (242 kg / 251 kg)
- Color / Graphics: Thunder Black Smoke
- Anti-lock Braking System: Included
- Lights: Headlight, tail/brake light, turn signals, license plate light, and speedometer and indicator lights
- Gauges: Digital tachometer, odometer, trip meter, engine temp, and low fuel lamp
- Engine Type
- 69 cu in.
- Fuel System
- Closed loop fuel injection / 60 mm bore
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork/4.7 in. (120 mm) - Cartridge Type
- Rear Suspension
- Dual Shocks/2.0 in. (50 mm)
- Front Brakes
- Single / 298 mm Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single / 298 mm Rotor / 1 Piston Caliper
- Front Tire
- 130/90-16 73H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80-16 71H
- 61.5 in. (1562 mm)
- Seat Height
- 25.6 in. (649 mm)
- 29 deg.
- 4.7 in. (119.9 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.3 gal. (12.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- 533 lb. (242 kg)
- Thunder Black Smoke