2018 Indian Motorcycle Indian® Scout® ABS
Be An Original, On The Original.
With the Indian Scout, there’s no limit to your legend. A 100-horsepower V-Twin powerhouse. Cartridge fork front suspension. Pirelli tires. And a lightweight, expertly balanced chassis that delivers an unmatched, agile ride. It follows the same design principles that made the original Indian Scout so iconic. Our heritage comes with a legacy. So does this bike.
- 69 Cubic Inch V-Twin Engine: The 100 horsepower V-Twin delivers innovative styling, a soul-stirring exhaust note and amazing throttle response. With reliable, efficient liquid cooling that provides outstanding performance in all riding conditions.
- Cast Aluminum Frame: This cast aluminum frame was inspired by the geometry of the original 1920s Scout.
- Fleet-Sided Fenders: The Scout features fleet-sided fenders inspired by the original Scout.
- Heritage-inspired Headlight Design: Today’s Scout remains true to its rich legacy by featuring a headlight design inspired by the original.
- Lightweight Chassis: With its lightweight chassis, the Scout delivers sporty, responsive handling. A low center of gravity and a solid-mounted engine provides smooth, predictable handling at all speeds.
- Modern Technology: Today's Scout features modern technology that ensures a consistently outstanding experience: Electronic fuel injection for optimum engine performance; Engine counter-balancing for best-in-class ride; A 6-speed transmission for smooth operation; Reliable, efficient liquid cooling.
- Low Speed Handling and Maneuverability: A low center of gravity and a low seat height of 25.3" mean impressive low-speed handling and maneuverability .
- Liquid-Cooled Performance: The Scout was reborn for the 21st century with a modern, liquid-cooled V-Twin that opens up on the open road.
- Accessories for the Perfect Fit: Combine the current Scout design with Authentic Indian Motorcycle® accessories, and this bike can accommodate just about any rider, from 5'0'' – 6'4''.
- Genuine Leather Seats: Styled after the original Scout, the driver and passenger seats have the ideal mix of cushion and support. And they're covered in premium Desert Tan leather that's designed to withstand the elements.
- Best-In-Class Handling: The Scout has a confidence-inspiring lean angle that both new and experienced riders will appreciate. This, combined with the bike's low center of gravity, provides exceptional high and low speed maneuverability.
- Engine Type: Liquid-Cooled V-Twin
- Displacement: 69 cu in.
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 60 mm bore
- Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Final Drive: 2.357 : 1
- Horsepower: 100 hp (74.7 kW)
- Peak Torque: 72 ft. lb. (97.7 Nm)
- Peak Torque RPM: 6000 rpm
- 1st: 10.926 : 1
- 2nd: 7.427 : 1
- 3rd: 5.918 : 1
- 4th: 5.022 : 1
- 5th: 4.439 : 1
- 6th: 4.087 : 1
- Suspension: Front - Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (120 mm) – Cartridge Type
- Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel: Dual Shocks / 3.0 in. (76 mm)
- Brakes/Front: Single / 298 mm Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Brakes/Rear: Single / 298 mm Rotor / 1 Piston Caliper
- Wheels/Front: Cast 16 in. x 3.5 in.
- Wheels/Rear: Cast 16 in. x 3.5 in.
- Tires/Front: 130/90-16 72H
- Tires/Rear: 150/80-16 71H
- Exhaust: Split Dual Exhaust w/ Cross-over
- Wheelbase: 61.5 in. (1562 mm)
- Seat Height: 25.3 in. (643 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 5.3 in. (135 mm)
- Overall Height: 47.5 in. (1207 mm)
- Overall Length: 91 in. (2311 mm)
- Overall Width: 34.6 in. (880 mm)
- Rake: 29 deg.
- Lean Angle: 31 deg.
- Trail: 4.7 in. (119.9 mm)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.3 gal. (12.5 L)
- GVWR: 988 lb. (449 kg)
- Weight (Empty Tank / Full of Fuel): 528 lb. / 550 lb. (239 kg / 249 kg)
- Color / Graphics: Burgundy Metallic
- Lights: Headlight, tail/brake light, turn signals, license plate light, and speedometer and indicator lights
- Gauges: Digital tachometer, odometer, trip meter, engine temp, and low fuel lamp
- Engine Type
- 69 cu in.
- Fuel System
- Closed loop fuel injection / 60 mm bore
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (120 mm) – Cartridge Type
- Rear Suspension
- Dual Shocks / 3.0 in. (76 mm)
- Front Brakes
- Single / 298 mm Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single / 298 mm Rotor / 1 Piston Caliper
- Front Tire
- 130/90-16 72H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80-16 71H
- 61.5 in. (1562 mm)
- Seat Height
- 25.3 in. (643 mm)
- 29 deg.
- 4.7 in. (119.9 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.3 gal. (12.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- 528 lb. (239 kg)
- Burgundy Metallic