2018 Indian Motorcycle Indian® Chieftain®
Followers Need Not Apply.
Some are born with it. The tenacity to lead. For those individuals, there’s the Indian® Chieftain®. A menacing style with an open front fender that reveals a 19-inch, blacked-out front wheel. With a 100-watt premium audio system and industry-leading, seven-inch touchscreen display. At the heart of it all, the Thunder Stroke® 111 V-Twin engine. An award-winning powerplant that fuels the soul of both bike and rider.
- Thunder Stroke® 111: Designed from the ground up, the Thunder Stroke® 111 is a powerful, award-winning engine with legendary features inspired by the Power Plus motor of the 1940s: Multi-directional finned valve covers; Downward firing exhaust; Large, parallel push-rod tubes; Organic, asymmetric fin styling; Right-hand drive; Right-hand cam cover; Classic 2/3 head-to-cylinder neck down
- Hard Saddlebags: Your cargo is protected inside convenient, spacious hard saddlebags with weatherproof seals.
- Open Front Fender with 19" Wheel: An open front fender exposes a 19" blacked-out wheel and dual front brakes, giving the bike a custom-inspired look. The flared fender design also offers a subtle nod to Indian’s “open” fenders of the 1920s and 1930s.
- Outstanding Steering Geometry: The steering geometry of the Indian Chieftain was engineered to deliver light, responsive handling, whether ridden solo with no cargo or two-up with full saddlebags.
- ABS Brakes: With ABS brakes, you'll ride with confidence, knowing you can brake under control in any situation.
- Push-Button Power Windshield: With a push of a handlebar-mounted button, this windshield can quickly raise or lower electronically. Lower it to enjoy the cooling airflow. Or raise it to block out wind and rain.
- 119 ft-lbs of Torque: The Thunder Stroke® 111 produces 119 ft-lbs of torque with extraordinary power at low RPM, so you can accelerate hard with power to spare in every gear.
- 6-Speed Transmission: A 6-speed transmission comes standard so you can easily tap the full potential of the Thunder Stroke® 111.
- Keyless Ignition: Never fumble for your key again. With the proximity fob in your pocket, just climb on, press the start button and ride away. Misplace your fob? Simply enter your personal security code and go.
- Premium 100-Watt Audio System: Built into the fairing is a 100-watt audio system, delivering premium-quality sound from dual high-output speakers. Smartphones and other audio sources can be connected via USB cable or Bluetooth®.
- Cruise Control: Automotive-quality cruise control is easy to set and adjust for smooth, relaxed highway cruising.
- 7" Touchscreen Display: Pinch. Swipe. Tap. All without removing your gloves with this industry-leading seven-inch display. Play Bluetooth® audio, check vehicle information and status, plus a whole lot more. And thanks to split-screen technology, you can easily customize the display to focus on the details that matter to you most.
- Internally Wired Handlebars: This high-profile area features blacked-out hand controls. Plus, all of the wiring is routed inside the handlebars for a clean, premium-quality look.
- Cast Aluminum Frame: This cast aluminum frame is lightweight yet exceptionally strong, providing excellent low-speed handling and confidence-inspiring stability on the highway.
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke® 111
- Displacement: 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 54mm bore
- Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Drive/Driven Clutch: Wet, Multi-Plate
- Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Peak Torque: 119 ft. lb. (161.6 N m)
- Peak Torque RPM: 3000 rpm
- 1st: 9.403 : 1
- 2nd: 6.411 : 1
- 3rd: 4.763 : 1
- 4th: 3.796 : 1
- 5th: 3.243 : 1
- 6th: 2.789 : 1
- Suspension: Front - Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm) - Cartridge Type
- Front Fork Tube Diameter: 46 mm
- Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel: Single Shock w/ Air adjust / 4.5 in. (114mm)
- Brakes/Front: Dual / 300mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Brakes/Rear: Single / 300mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Wheels/Front: Cast 19 in. x 3.5 in.
- Wheels/Rear: Cast 16 in. x 5 in.
- Tires/Front: Dunlop® American Elite 130/60B19 61H
- Tires/Rear: Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- Exhaust: Split Dual Exhaust w/ Cross-over
- Wheelbase: 65.7 in. (1668 mm)
- Seat Height: 26.0 in. (660 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 5.6 in. (142 mm)
- Overall Height: 54.6 in. (1388 mm)
- Overall Length: 98.7 in. (2506 mm)
- Overall Width: 39.4 in. (1000 mm)
- Rake: 25 deg.
- Trail: 5.9 in. (150.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- GVWR: 1385 lb. (628 kg)
- Weight (Empty Tank / Full of Fuel): 785 lb. / 817 lb. (356 kg / 371 kg)
- Color / Graphics: Steel Gray
- Gauges: Fairing mounted instrument cluster featuring analog speedometer and tachometer, with fuel gauge, range, odometer and current gear. 15 LED telltale indicators; cruise control enabled, cruise control set,neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, low tire pressure, battery, low fuel, security system, low engine oil pressure and MHP or km/h unit designation.
- 7" Touchscreen: Including realtime clock; ambient air temperature; audio information display; vehicle trouble code readout; Vehicle Status (tire pressure, voltage, engine hours, oil change); Vehicle Info (speed, fuel range, RPM, gear position); Dual Trip Meters (fuel range, miles, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy time, average speed); Bluetooth connectivity for phone and headset
- 7" touchscreen display
- Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box
- Cruise Control
- Driving Lights
- Keyless Ignition
- Power Windshield
- 100 Watt Stereo with AM/FM Bluetooth, USB, Smartphone Compatible Input, and Weatherband
- Engine Type
- Thunder Stroke® 111
- 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Closed loop fuel injection / 54mm bore
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm) - Cartridge Type
- Rear Suspension
- Single Shock w/ Air adjust / 4.5 in. (114mm)
- Front Brakes
- Dual / 300mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single / 300mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® American Elite 130/60B19 61H
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- 65.7 in. (1668 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26.0 in. (660 mm)
- 25 deg.
- 5.9 in. (150.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- Dry Weight
- 785 lb. (356 kg)
- Steel Gray