2018 Indian Motorcycle Chieftain Limited
Legends Aren't Given. They're Earned.
There's one in every pack. At the front. Take the lead with Chieftain® Limited. Featuring aggressive styling with a 19-inch contrast-cut wheel and sawed-off open front fender that offers a subtle nod to Indian Motorcycle's open fenders of the 1920s and 1930s. And the industry-leading Ride Command® system with a seven-inch touchscreen and 100-watt premium audio system. All fueled by the Thunder Stroke® 111 V-Twin engine that makes sure your arrival is announced. Loudly.
- Remote-Locking Hard Saddlebags: Your cargo is protected inside convenient, spacious hard saddlebags with weatherproof seals. You can even lock them remotely using a console-mounted button, or via the bike’s key fob. (Shown with optional accessories)
- Thunder Stroke® 111: Designed from the ground up, the Thunder Stroke® 111 is a powerful, award-winning engine with legendary features inspired by the Power Plus motor of the 1940s: Multi-directional finned valve covers; Downward firing exhaust; Large, parallel push-rod tubes; Organic, asymmetric fin styling; Right-hand drive; Right-hand cam cover; Classic 2/3 head-to-cylinder neck down
- Open Front Fender with 19" Wheel: An open front fender exposes a 19" contrast-cut wheel and dual front brakes, giving the bike a custom-inspired look. The flared fender design also offers a subtle nod to Indian’s “open” fenders of the 1920s and 1930s.
- Outstanding Steering Geometry : The steering geometry of the Chieftain® Limited was engineered to deliver light, responsive handling, whether ridden solo with no cargo or two-up with full saddlebags.
- ABS Brakes: With ABS brakes, you'll ride with confidence, knowing you can brake with control in any situation.
- 19” Contrast Cut Wheel: The new front wheel features a 10-spoke contrast-cut design that makes the wheel look even bigger than it already is. Paired with a matching 16" rear wheel, these new head-turners bring this bike more attention than ever.
- Push-Button Power Windshield: With the push of a handlebar-mounted button, this windshield can quickly raise or lower electronically. Lower it to enjoy the cooling airflow. Or raise it to block out wind and rain.
- 119 ft-lbs of Torque: The Thunder Stroke® 111 produces 119 ft-lbs of torque with extraordinary power at low RPM, so you can accelerate hard with power to spare in every gear.
- Premium Genuine Leather Seat: This comfortable, two-up seat features premium grade genuine leather designed to withstand the elements and retain its natural beauty. The contrast stitching creates a sleeker, streamlined look.
- Premium 100-Watt Audio System: The Chieftain® Limited features an integrated audio system delivering premium-quality sound from high-output fairing speakers. Smartphones and other audio sources can be connected via cable or Bluetooth®. (Shown with optional accessories).
- The Indian Motorcycle® Ride Command® System: Pinch. Swipe. Tap. All without removing your gloves. Through this industry-leading seven-inch display, you can get turn-by-turn directions. Quickly find points of interest. Play Bluetooth® audio. Check vehicle information and status, plus a whole lot more. And thanks to split-screen technology, you can easily customize the display to focus on the details that matter to you most.
- Keyless Ignition: Never fumble for your key again. With the proximity fob in your pocket, just climb on, press the start button and ride away. Misplace your fob? Simply enter your personal security code and go.
- Cruise Control: Automotive-quality cruise control is easy to set and adjust for smooth, relaxed cruising when the open road beckons.
- Internally Wired Handlebars: This high-profile area features all-chrome hand controls. Plus, all of the wiring is routed inside the handlebars for a clean, premium-quality look.
- Cast Aluminum Frame: The Chieftain® Limited’s cast aluminum frame is lightweight yet exceptionally strong, providing excellent low-speed handling. There’s minimal frame flex at speed in the corners, and you'll experience confidence-inspiring stability on the highway.
- Chrome Highway Bar: These chrome highway bars provide premium-quality shine that adds style and protection. You can also accessorize them with stylish wraps or comfortable footrests.
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke® 111
- Displacement: 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 54 mm bore
- Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Drive/Driven Clutch: Wet, Multi-Plate
- Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Peak Torque: 119 ft. lb. (161.6 N m)
- Peak Torque RPM: 3000 rpm
- 1st: 9.403 : 1
- 2nd: 6.411 : 1
- 3rd: 4.763 : 1
- 4th: 3.796 : 1
- 5th: 3.243 : 1
- 6th: 2.789 : 1
- Suspension: Front - Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm) - Cartridge Type
- Front Fork Tube Diameter: 46 mm
- Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel: Single Shock w/ Air adjust / 4.5 in. (114 mm)
- Brakes/Front: Dual / 300mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Brakes/Rear: Single / 300mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Wheels/Front: Cast 19 in. x 3.5 in.
- Wheels/Rear: Cast 16 in. x 5 in.
- Tires/Front: Dunlop® American Elite 130/60B19 61H
- Tires/Rear: Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- Exhaust: Split Dual Exhaust w/ Cross-over
- Wheelbase: 65.7 in. (1668 mm)
- Seat Height: 26 in. (660 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 5.6 in. (142 mm)
- Overall Height: 54.6 in. (1388 mm)
- Overall Length: 98.7 in. (2506 mm)
- Overall Width: 39.4 in. (1000 mm)
- Rake: 25 deg.
- Trail: 5.9 in. (150 mm)
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- GVWR: 1385 lb. (628 kg)
- Weight (Empty Tank / Full of Fuel): 802 lb. (364 kg) / 834 lb. (378 kg)
- Color / Graphics: White Smoke, Brilliant Blue
- Gauges: Fairing mounted instrument cluster featuring analog speedometer and tachometer, with fuel gauge, range, odometer and current gear. 15 LED telltale indicators; cruise control enabled, cruise control set,neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, low tire pressure, battery, low fuel, security system, low engine oil pressure and MPH or Km/H unit designation
- Ride Command®: 7" Touchscreen including realtime clock; ambient air temperature; heading; audio information display; vehicle trouble code readout; Vehicle Status (tire pressure, voltage, engine hours, oil change); Vehicle Info (speed, fuel range, RPM, gear position); Dual Trip Meters (fuel range, miles, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy time, average speed); Ride Data (heading, moving time, stop time, altitude, altitude change); Bluetooth connectivity for phone and headset; Map/Navigation
- Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box
- Cruise Control
- Driving Lights
- Highway Bar
- Keyless Ignition
- Power Windshield
- Genuine Leather Seats
- Remote Locking Hard Saddle Bags
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- 100 Watt Stereo with AM/FM, Bluetooth, USB, Smartphone Compatible Input, and Weatherband
- Engine Type
- Thunder Stroke® 111
- 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.976 in. x 4.449 in. (101 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Closed loop fuel injection / 54 mm bore
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork / 4.7 in. (119 mm) - Cartridge Type
- Rear Suspension
- Single Shock w/ Air adjust / 4.5 in. (114 mm)
- Front Brakes
- Dual / 300mm Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single / 300mm Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® American Elite 130/60B19 61H
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
- 65.7 in. (1668 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26 in. (660 mm)
- 25 deg.
- 5.9 in. (150.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- Dry Weight
- 802 lb. (364 kg)
- White Smoke, Brilliant Blue