2015 Indian Motorcycle CHIEF VINTAGE
RED AND BLACK
- Thunder Stroke® 111: The Thunder Stroke® 111 engine delivers an incredible 119 ft-lbs of torque and features styling that pays tribute to legendary Indian Motorcycle® engines of the past.
- Desert Tan Genuine Leather: The comfortable seat and spacious saddlebags feature new desert tan leather designed to withstand the elements. This sealed, high-quality leather is strong and durable, and it complements the traditional Indian Motorcycle® style.
- Quick Release Windshield: The protective windshield features Indian® Chief® Quick Release Technology, so it can be installed or removed quickly and easily in just minutes.
- Keyless Ignition: Enjoy keyless starting that’s secure and convenient. With the Indian® Chief® Vintage key fob in your pocket, climb on the bike, push a button and ride. If you misplace the fob, use the individual security code that you pre-programmed into the ignition.
- True Dual Exhaust: The engine produces a rich exhaust note from the true dual exhaust. The exhaust was acoustically engineered to eliminate high-pitched sounds, so what you really hear is Indian Motorcycle® thunder.
- ABS & Cruise Control: This advanced, automotive-quality braking lets you ride with confidence and helps you stop under control. Easy to set and adjust, the cruise control enhances your enjoyment during highway cruising.
- Extensive Chrome: Virtually every surface that could be chromed has been chromed. From end to end, the beautiful, bright chrome finish elevates the iconic style of the Indian® Chief® Vintage.
Classic Iconic Features
- Indian Motorcycle® Badging: One of the classic elements of an Indian Motorcycle® is the vintage badging. Ever since the Indian® script logo was first created in 1910, this feature has made the Indian Motorcycle® badging a hallmark of this historic brand.
- War Bonnet: Lighting the way as it has done since 1947 is the iconic War Bonnet. Mounted proudly atop the front fender in a chrome frame, this light makes it clear, “This is a genuine Indian Motorcycle®.”
- Valenced Fenders: Stylish, elegant and functional, the iconic valenced fenders, standard since 1940, enhance the flowing styling lines of every Indian Motorcycle®. They also provide protection, effectively blocking road spray and gravel kicked up by the tires.
- Laced Wheels: The Indian® Chief® Vintage rolls on bright, high -quality laced wheels. Forty stainless steel spokes make up the wheels, which evoke iconic, timeless Indian Motorcycle® style.
- Center Console: Chief® Vintage instrumentation combines modern technology and traditional style. The tank-mounted console has a large, easy-to-read analog speedometer as well as a digital display screen that provides a wealth of valuable ride and fuel data.
- Brake Caliper Covers: Every Indian® Chief® Vintage is equipped with outstanding brakes, and in keeping with our traditional styling, we choose to cover the calipers. The result is a clean, stylish, beautifully finished sheet metal - iconic Indian Motorcycle® valanced fenders.
Comfort with Style
- Performance: Boost the performance of your Indian® Motorcycle®, create more legroom on the left side of the engine, and enhance the style of the Thunder Stroke® 111 V-Twin. The “Big Sucker” intake lets the engine “inhale” more freely for a slight performance gain, and it enhances throttle response.
- Exhaust: Add the Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust and enjoy a rich, throaty exhaust note that provides the perfect soundtrack for the open road. This exhaust system allows the Thunder Stroke™ 111 motorcycle engine to breath more freely and unleash additional power and crisp throttle response. Add extra style to your exhaust with a set of Six Shooter Exhaust Tips.
- Handlebar Bag: This Desert Tan Leather Handlebar Bag offers the ultimate in style, convenience and innovative cargo carrying solution. The bag allows the rider easy access to small items.
- Pinnacle Heel Shifter: The adjustable Chrome Heel Shifter adds extra style to your Indian® Motorcycle®, and it accommodates riders who prefer heel shifting.
- Passenger Comfort: Provide your passenger with a strong, secure, comfortable backrest in just seconds by adding this Standard Height Quick Release Passenger Backrest. The backrest’s Quick Release technology lets you install or remove the entire backrest in seconds – without tools!
- Drive/Driven Clutch: Wet, Multi-Plate
- Transmission/Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke® 111
- Displacement: 111 cu in. / 1811 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 3.976 x 4.449 in. (101mm x 113mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 54mm bore
- Peak Torque (J1349 ft-lbs): 119.2 ft-lb. / 138.9 N m
- Peak Torque RPM: 3000 rpm/2600 rpm
Gear Ratio (Overall)
- 1st: 9.403 : 1
- 2nd: 6.411 : 1
- 3rd: 4.763 : 1
- 4th: 3.796 : 1
- 5th: 3.243 : 1
- 6th: 2.789 : 1
- Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Suspension: Front - Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork/4.7 in. (119 mm) - 46mm cartridge forks with dual rate springs
- Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel: Single Shock / 3.7 in. (94 mm) mechanical preload
- Brakes/Front: Dual / Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper Dual Front / 300mm with Anti-Lock Brakes
- Brakes/Rear: Single / Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper / 300mm with Anti-Lock Brakes
- Tires/Front: Dunlop® American Elite 130/90B16 67H
- Tires/Rear: Dunlop® American Elite 180/65B16 81H
- Wheels: 60 Spoke 16 in. x 3.5 in. Front and 16 in. x 5 in. Rear
- Exhaust System: Split dual exhaust w/ cross-over
- Fuel Capacity (gallons/liters): 5.5 gal. / 20.8 L
- Ground Clearance: 5.5 in. / 140 mm
- Overall Height (in./cm.): 58.7 in. / 1490 mm
- Overall Width (in./cm.): 40.4 in. / 1025 mm
- Rake/Trail: 29°
- Seat Height: 26.0 in. / 660 mm
- Wheelbase: 68.1 in. / 1730 mm
- Overall Length (in./cm.): 103.7 in. / 2634 mm
- GVWR: 1260 lb. / 573 kg
- Trail: 6.1 in. / 155.0 mm
- Weight (Empty tank / full of fuel): 801 lb. / 835 lb. (364 kg /379 kg)
- Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box
- Cruise Control
- Highway Bar
- Indian® Script Tank Badge
- Keyless Start
- Light Bar
- Desert Tan Genuine Leather Seats
- Quick Release Lexan Windshield
- Quick Release Vintage Leather Saddle Bags
- Vintage Fender Badge
- Tank Mounted Electronic Speedometer with Odometer
- Dual Tripmeters
- Digital Tachometer
- Ambient Air Temperature
- Fuel Range
- Average Fuel Economy
- Battery Voltage
- Gear Position Display
- Real-time Clock
- Vehicle Trouble Code Readout
- Heated Grip Level (if Heated Grips Installed)
- Low Engine Oil Pressure
- 9 LED Telltale Indicators: Cruise Control Enabled, Cruise Control Set, Neutral, High Beam, Turn Signal, ABS, Check Engine, and MPH or km/h Unit Designation
- Tank Mounted Electronic Fuel Gauge with Low Fuel LED Indicator
- Engine Type
- Thunder Stroke® 111
- 111 cu in. (1811 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.976 x 4.449 in. (101mm x 113mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Closed loop fuel injection / 54mm bore
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork - 46mm cartridge forks with dual rate springs
- Rear Suspension
- Single Shock mechanical preload
- Front Brakes
- Dual / Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper Dual Front / 300mm with Anti-Lock Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Single / Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper / 300mm with Anti-Lock Brakes
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® American Elite 130/90B16 67H
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® American Elite 180/65B16 81H
- 68.1 in. (1730 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26.0 in. (660 mm)
- 29 deg.
- 6.1 in. (155.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- Dry Weight
- 801 lb. (364 kg)
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Willow Green/Ivory Cream, Indian Red/Ivory Cream, Indian Red/Thunder Black