2012 Honda SABRE
Nothing's as sharp as a Sabre.
How do you classify a bike as sharp as the Honda Sabre? Pro Street dragster or boulevard bad boy—the Sabre offers a heaping dose of both. It’s a sleek, modern-day custom, that’s for sure. Taking a cue from the stripped-down styling of the Fury, it goes on to carve out its own, very unique place in the Honda Custom lineup. Just check out the crisp, clean lines, sporty, minimalist fenders, tall, 21-inch front tire, raked-out fork and low, aggressively set bars. And let’s not forget the brawny 1312cc 52º V-twin engine responsible for putting all this wickedly cool style in motion.
Pure motorcycle. With the emphasis on the motor.
With its potent 1312cc, 52° V-twin, the Sabre delivers strong low- and mid-range torque, ample passing power, and an exhaust note that you’ll love right from the start.
Pro-Street style with a hefty dose of boulevard street cred.
Trim. Muscular. Confident. The Sabre is the motorcycle equivalent of a light-heavyweight boxer dressed up in a tailored suit. Plenty of punch. Plenty of refinement. And a machine with instant boulevard cred.
Put a stop to that.
The Sabre features front and rear disc brakes, and the option of Honda’s Anti-lock brake system. That makes for powerful, sure stops. Because you never know what the open road is going to throw at you.
- 1312cc V-twin Engine: Powerful 1312cc, 52-degree V-twin engine with a single-pin crankshaft and dual balancers has plenty of torque, and the feel only a V-twin can deliver.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Forget about fiddling with a choke—the Sabre's fuel injection system means no-hassle startups on cold mornings or at high altitudes, and optimal performance in any condition.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber
- Front and Rear Disc Brakes: The Sabre is equipped with powerful disc brakes at both ends.
- Shaft Final Drive: The shaft final drive is quiet, clean, and has been uniquely integrated into the overall design.
- Color-Matched Frame: The Sabre's color-matched frame really gives this bike a finishing, custom touch.
- Low-Slung Saddle: Measuring in at a low 26.9 inches, the Sabre's wide, plush, one-piece seat not only dials up the comfort level, but the bold, Pro Street styling as well.
- Engine Type: 1312 cc liquid-cooled 52 deg. V-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 89.5 mm x 104.3 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 38 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.0 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock; 3.9 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 336 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: 296 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire: 90/90-21
- Rear Tire: 170/80-15
- Rake: 33 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 115.0 mm (4.5 in.)
- Wheelbase: 70.3 in.
- Seat Height: 26.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 664 lb. (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gal.
- Mpg: 46 MPG
- Model Id: VT1300CS
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Ultra Blue Metallic
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- 52 deg. V-twin; SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- 1312 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 89.5 mm x 104.3 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 38 mm throttle body
- Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 4.0 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 3.9 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 336 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 296 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 70.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 26.9 in.
- 33 deg.
- 4.5 in. (115.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.4 gal.
- 46 MPG
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 664 lb.
- Final Drive
- Ultra Blue Metallic
- One Year Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.